Edgar Delos Coller
- Born: 14 Sep 1851, Michigan 44,45
- Marriage (1): Louise Gallup in 1874
- Died: 11 Apr 1926, Bay City, Michigan at age 74 45
His birth date is listed in "Descendants of Israel Biddle" provided by Karen Coller Curell.
Edgar Coller was listed as 19 years old in the 1870 Michigan census. He lived on the family farm in Newton Township, Calhoun County, Michigan.
In the 1880 U.S. census, Edgar's given name is recorded as Edward.
The following information was found in records located at the LaMotte Township hall:
1888-Edgar Coller was Constable
1890-Edgar Coller was elected to the Board of Review for taxes
1892-Edgar Coller was District 1 Highway Commissioner
1902-Edgar Coller was Treasurer of Board of Voter Registration
Noted events in his life were:
1. Occupation: Farmer, 1880, Newton, Calhoun County, Michigan. 46
2. Residence: Early Sanilac County Residence, Abt 1885, Snover, Sanilac County, Michigan. This is a picture of the homestead the Edgar Coller family lived in after moving to the Snover area around 1885. It was replaced by a two story brick home. Edgar was the first Coller to move to Sanilac County. He bought land and urged his brother William to join him. William and Ada, with two or three children, came by wagon from Ceresco. The journey took a month.
3. Land, 1894-1906, Sanilac County, Michigan. The index to the 1894/1906 Sanilac County land index states that Edgar Coller owned land in section 1 of Lamotte Township, Sanilac County, Michigan in 1894 and 1906. The plat map shows the location of the farm.
4. Residence: Edgar Coller Family Home: Sanilac County, Michigan. Edgar Coller lived in this two storied house on the north side of Mushroom just east of Germania. He was the first Coller to move to Sanilac County. He bought land and urged his brother William to join him. William and Ada, with two or three children, came by wagon from Ceresco. The journey took a month.
Edgar married Louise Gallup in 1874. (Louise Gallup was born in 1854 in New York,47,48 died in 1934 48 and was buried in Johnson Cemetery, Lamotte Township, Sanilac County, Michigan.)