- Born: 30 Apr 1875, Vaughnsville, Putnam County, Ohio 65
- Marriage (1): Wesley Ohio Casteel on 4 Oct 1894 in Putnam County, Ohio
- Died: 15 May 1945, Deshler, Bartlow Township, Henry County, Ohio at age 70 120
- Buried: Sugar Ridge Cemetery, Leipsic, Van Buren Township, Putnam County, Ohio
Annabelle Leary was also called Annie Bell and Anna Belle. A postcard to her sister Alice was signed "Belle".
Where she died was 3 miles northeast of Belmore. It was the home of her son Harold. This would put the location just south or southwest of Deshler.
ANNA BELLE LEARY OBITUARY
Deshler Flag, May 17, 1945
Mrs. Casteel Dies Tuesday. Succumbs at Son's Home of Heart Attack.
Mrs. Anna Belle Casteel, 70, wife of the late Wesley Ohio Casteel, passed away quietly Tuesday evening at 10:30 at the home of her son Harold, near Deshler, of a heart attack.
Mrs. Casteel was born April 30, 1875, in Putnam county, the daughter of David and Jenny Leary. On October 4, 1894, she was married to Wesley O. Casteel, who died October 18, 1942.
She is survived by two sons, Harold, with whom she made her home; and Orie, of Deshler; two daughters, Mrs. Dewey Jacobs, of Deshler; and Mrs. Harry Zeisloft, Leipsic; five grandchildren, and one great grandchild.
Funeral services will be held on Friday afternoon at 2 o'clock (slow time) at the Townwood Evangelical church, with Rev. Earl Toy, pastor, officiating. Burial will be in the Sugar Ridge cemetery.
OBITUARY (Possess original clipping, newspaper not known)
Mrs. Annabelle (Leary) Casteel, 70, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. David Leary, born April 30, 1875, in Putnam county, died May 15, 1945. In 1894 she married Wesley O. Casteel who expired Oct. 18, 1942.
She is survived by two daughters, Mrs. Harry Zeisloft, Leipsic; Mrs. Dewey Jacobs, Deshler; two sons Orie Casteel, Deshler; and Harold of near Belmore, with whom she made her home. A sister, Mrs. Alice Miller of Fenton, Michigan, and a brother, W. H. Leary of Findlay, also five grandchildren, Pauline Pfister, Esther Macke, Virginia Jacobs, Garold Casteel and Pfc. D. Burl Zeisloft, somewhere in Germany, and one great-grandchild, Donald Burl Pfister.
Mrs. Casteel was a member of the Church of Christ.
CARD OF THANKS
We wish to express our sincere appreciation to the neighbors and friends for their kindness during our recent bereavement.
According to her death certificate she died of acute dilatation of the heart caused by hypertension and pernicious anemia.
Noted events in her life were:
1. Residence, 1880, Sugar Creek Township, Putnam County, Ohio. 65
2. Residence, 1911, Belmore, Van Buren Township, Putnam County, Ohio. Taken from address and date on mail.
3. Cemetery: Wes and Annabelle Casteel Headstone: Sugar Ridge Cemetery, Leipsic, Van Buren Township, Putnam County, Ohio.
4. Cemetery: Sugar Ridge Cemetery, Leipsic, Van Buren Township, Putnam County, Ohio. This is a map to Sugar Ridge Cemetery which is located southwest of Leipsic, Ohio. This is the cemetery where Annabelle Leary is buried.
Annabelle married Wesley Ohio Casteel, son of Andrew Jeremiah Casteel and Margaret Sterret, on 4 Oct 1894 in Putnam County, Ohio. (Wesley Ohio Casteel was born on 21 Mar 1871 in Liberty Township, Putnam County, Ohio,121 died on 18 Oct 1942 in Lima, Allen County, Ohio 122 and was buried in Sugar Ridge Cemetery, Leipsic, Van Buren Township, Putnam County, Ohio.)