William H. Leary
- Born: 9 Oct 1881, Vaughnsville, Putnam County, Ohio
- Marriage (1): Pearl Endora Abbott on 1 Oct 1905 in Putnam County, Ohio 120
- Marriage (2): Florence Martin in Nov 1943
- Died: 21 Jul 1948, Findlay, Ohio at age 66 122
- Buried: 23 Jul 1948, Belmore Cemetery, Van Buren Township, Putnam County, Ohio
If it is noticed that the entire family is in the 1880 U. S. Census with the exception of William H. Leary, it is because he was born just after the census was taken.
William's death certificate states that he died at home of a coronary occlusion. His home address is listed as 634 Clinton Court Street in Findlay, Ohio. His occupation is listed as "Blaster".
William Leary Obituray
WILLIAM LEARY TAKEN BY DEATH
Findlay Man Expires Wednesday; Funeral Will be Friday.
William H. Leary, 66, blaster, died at 1:30 o'clock yesterday morning while sitting in a chair in his home at 634 Clinton Court. Death was due to heart trouble. He had been in critical condition for the past two days.
Born Oct. 9, 1881, in Vaughnsville, he was a son of David and Jennie (McCray) Leary, moving to Hancock county from Leipsic in 1914.
His first wife, Pearl Abbott, whom he married in 1906, is deceased. He married Florence Martin in Nov. 1943, and she survives, together with a daughter, Mary Kathleen, at home.
Also surviving are six stepchildren, Royce, Findlay; Harold, Petersburg, Mich.; Mrs. Madline Wise, Mrs. Milburn Sawyer, Miss Bonita Leary, All of Toledo; and Miss Betty Leary, New York City; one sister, Mrs. Alice Miller ...... the remainder of the obituary is missing.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Residence, 1945, Findlay, Ohio. William H. Leary lived in Findlay, Ohio at the time of his sister's death. This is according to his sister's obituary.
2. Cemetery. The picture shows William H. Leary's headstone in Belmore Cemetery.
3. Residence, 1916, Findlay, Ohio. William and Pearl Leary lived in Findlay, Ohio in 1916. This information is from a postcard sent by Pearl to Alice Leary.
William married Pearl Endora Abbott on 1 Oct 1905 in Putnam County, Ohio.120 (Pearl Endora Abbott died before 1943.)
Wedding Announcement from Newpaper
ABBOTT - LEARY
The marriage of Mr. Wm. H. Leary and Miss Pearl Endora Abbott, occured at the Christian parsonage Sunday evening, October 1, Rev. H. C. Boblitt officiating. The announcement comes as a surprise to their many friends who wish them God speed upon the journey of their united lives.
William next married Florence Martin in Nov 1943. (Florence Martin was born about 1900 and died about 1995 in Findlay, Ohio.)